The current farm consists of 58 acres located on the Prairie River in St.
Joseph County, Michigan. The original farm was 40 acre Homestead registered
in 1882. The land consists of rolling pastures and wooded wetlands adjacent
to the winding river. A continuous effort to improve the existing pastures
and create additional grazing land by clearing trees and brush, then seeding
with various grasses and legumes has resulted in good rotational grazing for
a fold of 30 Highlands and some 25 Cheviot ewes with the usual crop of
approximately 40 lambs. Twenty five acres of the farm used for rotational
grazing are irrigated using the K-Line system of pods and sprinklers to
ensure quality pastures during the summer season.
The name is derived from the Scottish village of
Dundonald, the home of Eddie Mackay, prior to emigrating to the U.S. in 1957.